the story of a mild mannered Stoke on trent boy becoming a teacher. Or a year spent being bullied by fourteen year old girls...

Friday, October 06, 2006

Little Voice

Well, I guess it happens to all teachers but not before they have even gone into a classroom - I have lost my voice. I have been in seminars all week though and unfortunately dealing with students in halls of residence does require using the vocal chords quite a bit. My throat isn't too sore though and I hope to be abck to my singing best as soon as possible.

I ought to take a moment here just to say that any of you who think it is a good thing I am having to talk less - well you're probably right.

On other fronts I have just found out where I am heading to for my first placement of my course. Unfortunately for any meanies who wanted me thrown in with the Lions I am actually headed off to a 14 - 18 school in the county which has a fairly good reputation and apparently a very strong department. The challenging part is that all of the kids are studying for exams including their A-levels and that means I have to be really good at what I do I guess!

Just as life is full of swings and roundabouts I will most likely be in a very different school for my second placement, still that's some months away so no need to get too concerened about it just yet. I was happy to see that some of my peers are positively thrilled about their placements to the feared inner-city schools and something tells me they might just have the right idea..

I will just take a last minute to tell you about an exciting adventure I had yesterday. Some of my coursemates and I had to produce aCD cover. We only had 45 minutes to take the pictures we would need and so in truly industrious style we headed off to the fire station and to all of our surprises we were let in! So dressed in smoky-smelling gen-u-ine firefighting gear we messed about on the pole and no doubt got the most interesting pictures of the day.

Heading back to class like giddy schoolkids we decided we wouldn't say what we had done until the whole class was there and we could gazump their telephone-box-hijinks with our fire-and-rescue-trumpcards. The teacher, being a teacher, didn't ask the class and so we remained alone in our pride and smugness, perhaps a lesson learned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home