the story of a mild mannered Stoke on trent boy becoming a teacher. Or a year spent being bullied by fourteen year old girls...

Monday, September 11, 2006

Day one, new beginnings

Well I guess you could say it has really started now; I'm on my Primary School Placement and all is going well. I'm sitting in with a year 6 class who have a really great teacher. Inkeeping with how I imagine the rest of the course will go it was straight in at the deep end helping with guided reading and a maths class, all very entertaining as I'm sure you can imagine.

The most exciting part was getting to sit with the teachers in assembly. I remember all those years at primary school sat on the floor in neat rows while the teachers had chairs to scowl down on the children. The subject of today's assembly was New Beginnings with a reading from 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, which I thought was wholly suitable to my own new beginning. I also approve of the school prayer which advocates looking after each other and ourselves, very admirable indeed I thought.

So to tonight, well I have a few notes to make about the day for a report I have to prepare and will try and get through a few chapters of my book.

Best of all the school is only 100 yards away so I can leave at 8:44 and still get in at a reasonable time - marvellous!

More tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home