the story of a mild mannered Stoke on trent boy becoming a teacher. Or a year spent being bullied by fourteen year old girls...

Sunday, September 17, 2006

It's all shiny and new

So here I am more than half way through my very busy two weeks - 1 trip to Leicester down, 2 to go.

I have spent the weekend moving house, although the distances involved are pretty short, about 3/4 of a mile actually. However, it's all done and I now have a lovely new flat in the New Hall which I have packed to the rafters with books and kitchen equipment as is traditional for my residences.

More importantly I have met the team of sub wardens who I'll be living and working along side to keep this shiny new hall with its shiny new students in line and all smiles. Best news is that they are a lovely bunch of people and I'm sure we're going to have a cracking year with lots of jocularity along the way. Of course we're all comparing flats and how everybody has set them up whilst preparing for courses and writing up theses. It's weird because the flats are basically all the same. Anyone who has ever lived in a halls of residence would certainly find it hard to find a fault in this accomodation, it's pretty nice.

So for me, I'm back in the North West to carry on with my primary school placement which should see me observing the different age ranges this week and even venturing into the big scary senior school!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Yorkshireman in Question said...

Post a piccy of your flat, so can jealousorize everybody :-)

7:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home